Getting ready for your stay at our 30-day residential program? Read this page before you pack your bags! It’s important to plan ahead for what to bring to treatment. We recommend bringing a number of items with you to make sure your treatment stay is comfortable and hassle-free. We also ask that you leave certain distracting or inappropriate items at home, so that you can put 100 percent of your focus into your recovery.
- Copies of your insurance cards
- Changes of clothing for a week (7 days) — don’t forget underwear, socks, bras, etc.
- Two sets of workout clothing for exercise
- If bringing leggings, please make sure that the top you wear with them falls mid-thigh and completely covers your buttocks. Otherwise, leggings are considered “form-fitting attire” and not allowed.
- Tennis shoes
- Pajamas, house shoes
- Liquid laundry detergent/fabric softener
- No more than $50.00 in cash/coins ($1 bills work best! Include 1-2 rolls of quarters for laundry.)
- Personal toiletries, including shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb and brush, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- Cell phones or any electronic devices (tablets, e-readers, laptop computers)
- CDs , DVDs or TVs
- Stuffed animals
- Weapons (knives, guns, or sharps of any kind)
- Drug paraphernalia, controlled substances, illegal substances, and alcohol
- Pornographic material or any sexually explicit materials
- Medications which you are not currently taking
- Containers with unidentified substances
- Alcohol or any items containing increased amounts of alcohol (mouthwash/toothpaste)
- Opened cigarette packs or tobacco logs and dip (on admission only)
- Electronic cigarettes
- Garments containing inappropriate content (drugs, alcohol, bars, taverns, offensive/satanic imagery or language)
- Revealing clothing (shirts that expose midriff, low-cut tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, form-fitting attire, shorts any shorter than mid-thigh)
- Outside food or drink of any kind (including chewing gum)
- Battery-powered toothbrushes
- Nail polish and nail polish remover
- Hair dyes and chemical hair straighteners
- Aerosol products (including deodorant and hairspray)
- Hand sanitizer
- Work or employment materials
- Condoms or birth control devices
- Permanent markers (Sharpies)
- Ace bandages
*Note: Any prohibited items you bring on your day of admission will be stored for you until you are discharged from Stepworks. However, we cannot guarantee the safety of confiscated items, so please make all efforts to leave prohibited items at home if you can.